Singh Laboratory (www.Singh-Laboratory.com) at the Lundquist Institute (TLI) at Harbor-University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center (www.lundquist.org) is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Research Fellow, who recently (<5 years) completed his/her doctoral degree in Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or any other relevant biological field. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research in the field of fungal pathogenesis, immunology, and immunotherapeutic development. The candidate will be working on the Center for Diseases and Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO)'s top priority fungal pathogen Candida auris with the aim of identifying novel virulence factors and characterizing their role in virulence and their potential as immunotherapeutic candidates using innovative technologies. The researchers at TLI enjoy their affiliation and proximity with UCLA and have the opportunity to use and get training in advanced technology at the core laboratories on the main university campus.
Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or M.D.) in Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or any other relevant biological field.
Fungal pathogen-host interaction and pathogenesis, Microbial immunology, and vaccine development, and working with animal models.
· Molecular biology (must): Microbial gene deletion and complementation (e.g. CRISPR, recombination, mutagenesis), Cloning techniques, RNA analysis (isolation, quantification by qPCR), in vitro transcription and purification.
· Immunological assays: Flowcytometry (must), ELISA, FluroSpot assay, Cytokine assay etc.
· Animal handling and animal procedures (injection and organ harvesting).
· Proteomics analysis: Protein isolation/ purification, western blotting, and fractionation. techniques and protein identification using LC-MS.
· Recombinant protein expression and purification.
· Working experience or knowledge of Nano lipid carrier formulation.
· Confocal microscopy and immunohistochemistry.
· Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple tasks.
· Excellent communication and writing
· Problem-solving and troubleshooting.
· Fast learner, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
· Both team players as well as independent working with innovative thinking.
· Cooperative behavior and problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
· Available to work dependable and flexible shifts if required.
Salary and Benefits:
· Salary: As per NIH pay rate for postdoctoral fellows
· Pension Plan: As per The Lundquist Institute full-time employee rule
· Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
· Paid Vacation: Up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
· Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to 10 days of sick leave per year.
How to apply:
Send a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter (Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org) describing specific research interests, motivation, and long and short-term goals. Reference letters from past and current supervisors will be required at the time of the interview.
About the Institute:
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MDs, MD/PhDs, and PhDs — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry, and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.